Liner Hanger Packer
The heavy duty Bully Liner Hanger Packer is a full-bore, hydraulically set hanger solution designed to effectively eliminate the problems associated with setting and retrieving conventional Liner Hangers.
The Bully’s mandrel not only provides maximum torque capabilities but also eliminates a sealing point in the hanger ensuring maximum integrity of the tie-back by removing a common source of leaks. The Bully is comparable in length to other hangers, but also features the smallest comparable OD including the shortest available PBR which can be adapted with Steelhaus Shorty Tie-Back Nipple. The elimination of a long and rigid tie-back results in significantly less friction when circulating to clean out the hole, and also leads to more success when trying to convey hangers to depth into tight radius horizontal wells. The Shorty Tie-Back Nipple can be released and re-engaged to simplify spacing out of the completion.
All Steelhaus Hangers are conveyed and retrieved via tubing or drill pipe with the ExTrack Running/Setting Tools. The Running/ Setting Tools are designed for extreme high torque operations, including rotating and drilling the liner into position.
Built by industry professionals, the Bully finally provides true Liner Hanger innovation..
The Bully’s RetrievEase™ feature eliminates many of the issues associated with pulling conventional Thermal Liner Hangers. The Bully is retrieved with the same ExTrack Combo Tool which can be latched into the Bully’s one piece mandrel. By retrieving the hanger from its one piece mandrel, the following problems of pulling conventional top and bottom slip style Liner Hangers from their tie-back receptacle are mitigated:
- Conventional long tie-back receptacles are often hooked causing
- Damage to top slips, slip arms and casing during unsetting
- Pulling the hanger from its weakest point
- Bottom slips are not unset when the hanger is pulled from the top slips
- Top Slips are difficult to unset if seal energy has not dissipated over time
The Bully’s RetrievEase™ de-energizing section allows all energy between the hangers slips to be dissipated but only once activated during the unsetting procedure. The RetrievEase™ feature allows the mandrel to begin moving upwards after the unsetting shear pins have been sheared, the individual components of the hanger are then secured by the mandrel and held in a position that eliminates any friction significantly reducing the risk of resetting the hanger.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Smallest OD of any comparable Retrievable Liner Hanger
- Rating of 650°F and 3,000 PSI thermal and up to 10,000 PSI and 400°F primary.
- ThermonatorTM thermal sealing element developed over 20 years of thermal experience and testing
- Volume Compensation seal energizing mechanisms maintain full set force in the seal over life of the hanger
- Proven reliable ExTrack Running, Setting and Retrieval Tools
- 360 Degree Collet Slips endure maximum contact and highest available hanging and compression load capacity
- Centralizing slips ensure proper element positioning providing maximum extension and seal integrity.
- Slip shear rings retain slips radially and tightly in position, mitigating potential premature setting during conveyance
- SafeSlip™ mechanisms divert set force through solid members rather than slip arms and exerts only the desired force to initiate setting of the slips
- RetrievEase™ De-energizing section dissapates energy between slips during unsetting and allows for each component of the hanger to release eliminating any friction and hang-up points
- Shortest available PBR with the retrievable Shorty Tie-Back Nipple designed for thermal (650°F, 3,000 PSI) and primary (up to 10,000 PSI)