The PremiumPort Flow Control Systems’ versatile and customizable design provides diversified functionality including uniform reservoir production or injection, acidization, gravel packing, and multi-stage stimulation.
Comprised of 2 or 3 position downhole valves, the system boasts the ability to accomplish a wide range of completion objectives in a single liner deployment resulting in greater wellbore control. Individual PremiumPort Valves can be conveyed in the open position with an inner circulation string, or in the closed position, simply requiring an intervention trip to selectively open the valves with the field-proven Harrier Shifting Tool. When conveying the PremiumPort’s in the closed position it is also possible to float the liner to TD.
PremiumPort with Float integration
Float integration allows liners comprised of PremiumPort Valves to be floated and circulated to TD and subsequently opened with a pressure cycle eliminating the need for an intervention trip or an inner string. After completing the setting procedure the wellbore’s pressure is reduced and all PremiumPort valves open automatically.
Once the liner is in place, PremiumPorts equipped with Float Modules can be activated in two ways: primary hydraulic and secondary mechanical. The primary hydraulic method uses a pressure cycle to first activate the float module and then open the valve for flow. When the tool is pressurized beyond a pre-selected threshold, the Float mechanism activates.
Once activated, the pressure can be maintained indefinitely above the pre-selected activation pressure, and once the pressure is subsequently reduced, the float mechanism opens the valve for flow. When the operation is complete, a standard 2 or 3 Position PremiumPort™ that can be manipulated with normal PremiumPort operations remains.
The secondary mechanical method requires an intervention trip with the Harrier Shifting tool BHA. The BHA is conveyed underneath the Float valve to be opened and circulation is initiated. The BHA is conveyed up through the valve and will automatically engage the Float sleeve, an overpull activates the Float sleeve in the same way by exceeding the pre-set pressure as accomplished in the primary method. After completing the overpull operation, the BHA is conveyed down through the valve, effectively shifting open the Float Module.
Circulation is maintained throughout the entire operation which helps to clean debris from the area around the valve being shifted. Successful operation is guaranteed if both an overpull is recognized and the tool successfully disengages which leaves the valve in an open position. If the valve is not open the shifting tool will not disengage unless the circulation is ceased effectively eliminating the risk of false positives.
The PremiumPort’s simple and fail-safe operations have been proven globally in countless field operations.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Versatile design features 2 and 3 position valves to accomplish a wide range of completion objectives
- Unlimited shifting, shift any number of valves into any position in any order in a single intervention trip.
- Pair with any sand filter media or run standalone
- Simple Field installation of industry-proven ICDs
- Field-proven Hydraulic activated Harrier Shifting Tool deployed to shift positions.
- Float liners to TD without requiring an intervention trip
- Circulate liners to TD off the bottom without a requirement for an inner string
- Primary Hydraulic activation
- Secondary Mechanical activation with Harrier Shifting Tool
- Run hydraulic set mechanical packers for compartmentalization instead of Swellable packers, eliminates adjustments to running procedures to account for risks in the conveyance of the liner, and set up times associated with Swellables.
- Standard PremiumPort Operations after Float activation
Premium Flow Control
- Adjustable nozzles at the wellsite enable production optimization after actual reservoir information is acquired.
- Reduces or eliminates toe-to-heel sweep inefficiency
- Reduces or eliminates water/gas coning
- Creates more drawdown at the toe to remove mud damage
- Chokes off water/gas/steam to and from high-permeability streaks
- Achieves higher oil rates and longer well life
- Excellent technical support and modeling ensures optimum design.